We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
Franklin Village Mall,
215 Franklin Village Drive
Franklin, MA 02038
Phone: (508) 541-6800
Fax: (508) 541-6866
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Celebrating 19 years in business
There's never been a better time to save on the seed your birds need as they prepare for fall and winter.
Keep your feeders filled and enjoy the show!
Our seed blends are chosen for our local birds and contain no cereal fillers - just seeds your birds love.
*Valid only at the participating store(s) listed. One discount per purchase. Not valid with other discounts or previous purchases. Offer expires 10/19/15.
• Witch Hazel and bush clover blooms.
• Wood Thrush, Hooded Mergansers, Gray Catbird, swallows and Chipping Sparrows depart.
• Watch for migrating hawks and Turkey Vultures.
• Juncos and White-throated Sparrows become common at feeders.
• Blackbird flocks number in the thousands as grackles, cowbirds and redwings migrate.
• Milkweed pods burst open, spreading their fluffy seeded parachutes.
• Autumn colors peak mid-month.
• Chipmunks start hibernating in underground burrows.
• American Tree Sparrows return to feeders late this month.
• Most Wood Ducks migrate south this month. A few stay to over winter.
• Waterfowl migration peaks during October.
• Beavers are very active in the evenings while caching a winter supply of food.
• American Goldfinches can be seen feeding on catkins of birch trees.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.